Start Date: September 4, 2018
Deadline for entries: October 27, 2018 at 4 pm
Winners Announced: November 7, 2018 at 5 pm
Theme: Why does your library ROCK?
Libraries: Ontario Community Library,
Nyssa Public Library,
Vale Emma Humphrey Library
All Entries must have:
Please print the following information on the back of your entry or fill out the pre-printed entry form available at the Library and attach it to the back your entry. (Entries without this information will not be judged.)
- Name, Address, Phone Number, Age and Word Coun
- Parents Name (for children under 18)
- Teachers Name, School Name, and Grade (if turning entry in with a class)
- Typed and double spaced (can be typed at Ontario Library without charge)
- Children - 8 to 10 years: 200 to 400 words
- Tween - 11 to 13 years: 400 to 700 words
- Teen - 14 to 17 years: 700 to 1000 words
- Adult - 18 and up: 700 to 1200 words
One Grand Prize for each of the 4 age levels – a Fire 7 Tablet with 7” Display and Alexa. All winners will be invited to ride/walk on the Bookmobile in the Ontario Winter Wonderland Parade on Dec. 1, 2018.
- Entries will not be returned. All entries must be received no later than 4 pm on Saturday October 27, 2018 to be eligible for judging.
- Entries may be turned in to the entry box at the Ontario elementary schools, the Bookmobile, the Ontario Community Library, Nyssa Public Library, or the Vale Emma Humphrey Library.
- Entries can be mailed to: Story Spinners Contest, Ontario Community Library 388 SW 2nd Avenue Ontario, Oregon 97914.
- For questions or comments please contact the Ontario Community Library at 541-889-6371.
Entries will be judged on creativity, readability, grammar/punctuation and ability to follow the entry procedures. (Teachers are encouraged to use the contest as an educational opportunity)