Ontario Community Library
Public Use Computers – Brief Overview of Rules
The Ontario Library District is pleased to provide 23 computers for public use. Wireless Internet is available.
- All individuals must check in at the front desk to use the computers.
- All computers have basic internet access and OpenOffice. Microsoft word is available on select computers, please ask at desk if you need this program.
- Please bring your own headphones and flash drives.
- Please be respectful and remember you are in a public area on public computers.
- Patrons under 16 years of age with cards and a parent signed Internet form on file may use the computers without supervision
- Children without cards may use the computers if accompanied by a parent.
- Computer internet privileges can be revoked at any time by Library staff and guidelines are subject to change at any time.
- Please ask if you need to print - not all computers have access to a printer. Cost of each page printed is .20 cents. Black and white, one sided copies only.
Card Catalog Computers and Tablets
Designated Card Catalog computers./tablets are available. The Card Catalog can be reached directly from any computer on the internet at http://ocl.sage.eou.edu.
AWE Children's Computers
Please check in at the desk to use this computer. The AWE Children’s Computer is designed specifically for children ages 2 through 5 and features early learning activities and games. Parents are encouraged to participate with their child in this learning process. The AWE is not connected to the internet and is located in the children’s area.
The internet offers access to many valuable sources of information, but all sites are not accurate, complete or current. Many sites may carry information that you may think is controversial or inappropriate. We encourage users to exercise good judgment and discretion appropriate to a public library. We encourage parents to supervise their children's internet sessions. The library is not responsible for personal/private information left on public computers. If you have questions or comments about these Computer Rules or Guidelines please contact the Library Director Darlyne Johnson at email@example.com or by phone at 1-541-889-6371.